Metabolic Phenotyping in Clinics
Venue: Auditori Esteve. IDIBAPS Organiser: University of Barcelona; Date: 27th May 2016
To define the state-of-the-art in Metabolic Phenotyping in the clinic. In this community workshops we aim to discuss with experts in the fields of biomedicine, government, ethics, and information technology how we can move forward with technically sound ethical, and law-abiding approaches to distribution and analysis of patient data.
Target Audience: mixed audience from medical/clinical, industry or commercial, government, working or collaborating using metabolomics data and tools and technologies related to clinic.
- Which are the application scenarios of metabolomics in the clinic?
- What information do clinicians want from metabolomics analysis and how do they want it presented?
- Which are IT infrastructure needs for clinicians?
Video recording of presentations from the workshop:
- Ethics in genomics – Heidi Howard , Uppsala University
- Challenges to the use of health data – Dipak Kalra, EuroRec Institute and UCL London